These times of COVID-19 and unrest have been challenging for those struggling with depression. The stress of it all coupled with the social isolation and so much uncertainty has made life more difficult for many. If this is the case for you or a loved one we are here to help. Please call us at 888-545-5707. Ext. 11.
Depression can be an emotionally painful and distressing condition that interferes with a person’s ability to function effectively. Depression often makes doing even life’s simple and routine tasks feel difficult and exhausting. With more severe depression, a person may experience an inability to function.
In addition to feeling down and sad, a person experiencing clinical depression may also experience the following:
- A loss of interest in and enjoyment of activities
- Fatigue and a low energy level
- Disturbances in eating & sleeping patterns
- Feelings of worthlessness or overwhelming guilt
- Difficulty concentrating or thinking clearly
- Problems making decisions
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicidal
APC’s clinical staff is experienced in treating both adults and adolescents suffering from depression. Our therapists collaborate with physicians for those clients taking medication for depression. We have an extensive network of physicians to whom we refer clients when appropriate.