APC is licensed by the State of Illinois and the Department of Human Services to offer DUI services for Cook, Will and DuPage counties.
- Evaluations: Court & Secretary of State
- Risk Education: 10 hours of class
- Early Intervention Counseling: 12 hours
- Substance Abuse Treatment: 20 or 75 hours
DUI services are offered in Palos Heights & Plainfield.
We will provide all necessary evaluations, reports and updates to the Court and Secretary of State.
Anger is a normal human emotion. We all get angry at one time or another. Anger becomes a problem when it is too frequent, too intense or too long.
Anger is a learned emotion that can be unlearned and replaced with acceptable methods of expression.
APC offers both Clinical Anger counseling with a licensed therapist and Anger Education with a Certified Anger specialist. All programs are one-on-one; we offer no classes. Our treatment focuses on:
Developing Emotional Intelligence
Learning Effective, Assertive Communication
Tools to Cope with Stress
As its foundation, APC uses the Anderson and Anderson curriculum, the world leader in Anger Management Service. These programs for adults and adolescents have been approved nationwide for those mandated by work, school & court systems.
Associates in Professional Counseling (APC) is a faith based practice with counselors having a solid background in scriptures, prayer and Christian faith.
We offer broad-based professional services for individuals, couples and families, including adults, adolescents and children. Counseling issues include:
- Marriage & Family
- Anger Management
- Professional Development
Our team of counselors includes those with specialized training in theology, marriage and family issues, crisis intervention, grief and loss, addictions, adolescent problems, sexual dysfunction, eating disorders and corporate coaching.
Executive & Individual Coaching
Coaching is a highly effective means of increasing performance, achieving goals, and enhancing growth. It is used both in business and personal life. Vision and positive goals drive the coaching relationship. Collaborative accountability and measurable results energize those who work with a coach. Coaching is one of the most effective tools for individual growth. Many of our new clients are referred to us from current clients.
Leadership development services include an array of resources for individuals and companies seeking to evaluate and enhance leadership behaviors for increased effectiveness. For many businesses there is a blend of direct executive coaching and other leadership resources for powerful results.
APC provides Critical Incident Stress Management training and services through the following vehicles:
- Direct Crisis Services – Our counselors are trained and holding certificates in Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) to respond to immediate crisis situations.
- Consultation Services – APC partners with hospitals and other organizations to provide an ongoing consulting arrangement. This allows your organization to utilize the expertise and services on an as needed basis.
- Client On-Site Training – APC provides Critical Incident Stress Management training at your site: for social service agencies, schools, law enforcement and businesses.